Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Liz Claiborne for JCPenney?

While reading the latest issue of Real Simple (one of my faves), I noticed some advertisements for Liz Claiborne's new line at JCPenney. Actually, I don't know if it's new, I just know that the ads and the clothes caught my eye.

First off, our JCPenney is a little worse for wear.

Second off, I haven't shopped at a JCPenney since I was 7 when I used to order outfits through a catalogue my grandma would give me to choose from for Christmas or Birthdays.

Third, I typically associate Liz Claiborne with  women my mom's age.

However, the ads sucked me in and I guess I became what the Creative Agency behind the ads, wanted me to be....sold. So sold, that I actually checked out JCPenney online to see if I could find the cute little pink dress in the ad , however.... not in my size. Some of the other items, didn't look as cute as the ad, duh, but hey it looks like Liz Claiborne has helped JCP's profits soar. That's the business side of my brain talking now. So this partnership doesn't seem to be bad for the retailer.
I couldn't find the ad online, but here is one picture of a pink blouse that I thought was cute. The ads were a mix between the latest Tommy Hilfiger and the Kate Spade- Bryce Howard Dallas print ad campaigns.

No comments: