Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Rain Edition

I almost got washed away by sheets of rain on my way to work today. So with that in mind, I decided to post a Thankful Thursday- Rain Edition.

Rain Boots: I don't have Hunter Boots, however, after this rain season I think they are due for next year. Instead I rock my rain boots from Century 21 I picked up when I was in NYC and stuck in a rainstorm. I've already received plenty of compliments on them today.


Rain Jacket: While not fancy, I picked up this ultra light weight rain jacket from Old Navy last Spring and I wear it a ton. I am not an umbrella girl, I usually already have my hands full and they never seem to keep me as dry as when I just use a hood. Hoods are money.


Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Hair Spray: This works really well in wet conditions. I hate flat ironing my hair and then it getting frizzy or limp as soon an ounce of moisture touches it. I found this sucker a couple of months ago and it is my hair spray staple. It works- true story.



Cover Girl Powder: Again, totally not a fancy item, but I keep it in my purse. Since I do rely on my hood my face gets a bit slick in the rain. This sucker fixes it all and brings me back to normal in 2 seconds.
Sofia Blanc de Blancs: Of course, what is best at the end of a waterlogged day? A little bubbly. This one is not fancy, but for a girl who's favorite alcoholic beverage is bubbles, this gets the job done, and looks pretty too!

What do you rely on when there are hurricane conditions outside?

2 comments:

Nikosmommy said...

I wish we had rain were we are,,,but sadly it just keeps SNOWING!! Such a long winter! Boo.

I love the Francis Coppola Blanc de blancs sparkling wine...definitely perfect on a rainy day!

C said...

Interesting news about Liz Claiborne. It sounds like they're revamping their image a la Talbots. I think they must've been keep track of AT and LOFT's success. This is good news and just gives us girls more places to shop at. I don't mind at all :) Thank you for sharing!

PS - The navy dress from your previous post... is that from a previous season? I can't find it online anymore =/