Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pregnancy Must Haves

Ladies,
This pregnancy is ROUGH! Second time around is not easy. I have had so many ailments that I feel like an old lady! But, there still isn't anything better than feeling your baby kick all day long! Now that I have dug out from the holidays and finally wrapped up being sick and being kicked in the butt by the stomach flu I feel like things are coming together. I got to thinking about things that I have to have this pregnancy, some are craving related... some are just a requirement to have in the house. So without further ado:

1) Pineapple: Whether fresh or canned, I love pineapple. Something about the acidity and sweetness that makes me feel like I am having dessert at the end of the day without eating too many calories.

2) Oatmeal: This was a morning staple when pregnant with Miss S and has proudly made it's comeback. I like it plain, no sugar: just cinnamon, raisons and bananas.

3) Donuts: I love donuts preggo or not preggo, but this time it is all I can think about. Just thinking about them makes my mouth water and I need to find a glazed old fashioned now! I am trying to cut back on my sweet intake after the holidays, but this recent craving is hard to battle. So far I have only indulged in 2 donuts since being pregnant. That is how much self control I have.

4) Pretzels: Again, I wanted them with Miss S too. I prefer the Safeway brand the best. They taste fresher than Rold Gold and are more salty, which is nice.

5) Cereal: I am typically not much of a cereal eater, but I think because I crave sweets so much right now that having a bowl of Cheerios or Kix is kind of a way to satisfy my sweet tooth. We'll see how long I fool myself.

6) Apples and peanut butter: Seriously my favorite snack that always fills me up. I regularly bust this out around 3 p.m. at work when I need something to curb me over.

7) Fruity Mentos Gum: Again, this is a band-aid to help solve my sweet tooth, but I only start popping another piece into my mouth so I don't know how much of a fix it is.

8) Lemon Water: I got into this before being pregnant. I prefer it luke warm so I can drink it faster. I love it, it's so refreshing.

9) Craisins: Love them and just tried the Pomegranate Craisins and they were very tasty too.

10) Apple Chips: I just picked up a giant bag from Costco on Saturday and am already half way through. Love that they aren't full of calories and good for you too!

So that sums up what is in my pantry/refrigerator at all times. I was originally going to go with things other than food, but I guess we'll save that for another post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, now you have my mouth watering with the talk of doughnuts! I love them too, but have tried to avoid them. My vice has been M&M's (all flavors) and salty treats like Tings and Veggie Sticks.

Lindz said...

Besides the doughnuts, your cravings are remarkably healthy. You put me to shame! I should follow your lead and maybe I wouldn't feel so large and in charge. Well done.

Lindz said...

Your cravings put me to shame. So healthy besides the doughnuts. I am all about cheese, especially of the fake variety. Pineapple has been on my mind a lot too but I find myself hungry all! day! long! and typically a healthy snack won't suffice. Ugh!